The average patient spends 2 minutes scrolling through your profile before deciding if they want to choose you as their dentist or not. Adding "badges" to your profile can be a difference-maker. Badges show up in your basic bio section and they are available to both Basic and Premium profile members. For each category, we assign gold, silver, or bronze badge. Keep reading to learn more about how badges work. Ready to earn your own badges? Click here to scroll down and submit your badges application. Feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions or want more information about badges.
Badges are there to help patients learn more about you and what you're all about. We currently assign five different badge categories, which are:
(1) Skill badges
Skill badges are assigned to doctors who excel in certain treatments. We use your photo galleries, online store, reviews, training, and other criteria to assign skill badges to your profile. You can earn all sorts of different skill badges and there are no limits as to how many badges one can earn. Here are a few examples of various skill badges you can earn for your profile:
- Porcelain Veneers & Cosmetics
- Clear Aligners & Invisalign®
- Braces & Orthodontics
- Oral Surgery & Dental Implants
- Periodontal & Gym Therapy
- Root Canal Treatment
and so forth...
(2) Established Badge
The Established Badge is given to dentists who have been serving the same community for a long time. The established badge is a way of identifying which dentists have been around longer and are a more stable part of the community. If you have been practicing less than 5 years in an area, you can skip this badge.
(3) Scholar Badge
The Scholar Badge is given to dentists with extensive post-graduate training, fellowships, and other accomplished credentials. Additionally, you must have been practicing dentistry for many years before earning a higher scholar badge. New graduates can skip this badge and apply once they've accumulated more CE courses and experience in the real world.
(4) Price Badge
Price Badge is given to dentists who offer competitive prices on their Even28 Online Store or Groupon. Keep in mind, we only compare your prices to that of neighboring dentists within the same region. This means that a dentist in Beverly Hills can still earn a price badge so long as his or her prices are below what other dentists in Beverly Hills are charging for the same treatments. If you do not want to disclose your prices, you can skip this badge.
(5) Insurance Badge
Lastly, the insurance Badge is there to help patients get an idea of your insurance participation level. The more insurance plans you accept, the higher your insurance badge ranking will be. Fee-for-service practices can skip this badge.
Gold, silver & bronze badges
For each category, you can earn one of 3 different badges. These include gold, silver, or bronze badge. Let's look at the criteria we use to assign various badges for each category:
Patients love nothing more than looking at your before & after treatment photos. This is what we primarily rely on treatment photos to assign your skill badges. We also look at your training, reviews, online store, and many other factors. This is especially true when assigning badges for skills that don't translate well on photos, such as TMJ treatment or sleep apnea. There are no limits as to how many skill badges one can earn.
- Gold Badge: Profile has many relevant photos, reviews, training, etc.
- Silver Badge: Some relevant before & after photos, a few relevant reviews, etc.
- Bronze Badge: A few before & after photos and one or two reviews, etc.
The longer you've been serving the same community, the more likely you are to receive a higher badge. Here's how it works:
- Gold Badge: 15 or more years in the same area
- Silver Badge: 10 to 14 years in the same neighborhood
- Bronze Badge: 5 to 9 years in one region
We look at your post-graduate training, CE courses, fellowships, publications, etc. to assign you the appropriate scholar badge.
- Gold Badge: Instructors, fellows, lecturers, and other very highly accomplished dentists with at least 12 years of dentistry experience
- Silver Badge: Associate fellows, part-time instructors, and those with plenty of CE courses with at least 10 years of post-dental school experience
- Bronze Badge: Some post-graduate training, a decent number of CE courses, and at least 7 years of real-life dental experience
The more competitive your Even28 Online Stores prices, the better your chances of receiving a price badge.
- Gold Badge: Your online store prices are at least 20% below what neighboring dentists typically charge
- Silver Badge: Your average prices are 10 to 15% lower than your competitors
- Bronze Badge: Your prices are slightly, maybe 5 to 10%, below your competitors
The more insurances you participate with, the better your odds of landing a higher insurance badge (fee-for-service practices can skip this one).
- Gold Badge: You're in-network with government insurance plans, such as denti-cal, Medicaid, etc., and a few HMOs or union plans, as well as most PPOs
- Silver Badge: You're in-network with maybe a few HMOs or union plans as well as most PPOs
- Bronze Badge: You don't accept most HMOs, Unions, or government plans, but you're in-network with most PPOs
Click here to learn more which badges you should apply for, if you haven't done so already. Next, complete out our online application to earn badges for your profile. We will contact you if we have any questions: