Custom night guard
Night guards are one of the most popular of all dental devices. Wearing a night guard helps protect your teeth against the harmful effects of teeth grinding at night times. Many of us grind our teeth while we sleep without even knowing about it. If you grind your teeth at nights, then you should consider wearing a night guard. But how can you tell if you're a night time grinder? Here are a few ways you can figure this out, in case you're not 100% sure:
- Someone has told that you that you grind your teeth when asleep
- You suffer from frequent, unexplained headaches or TMJ pain, especially in the mornings
- You have a history of repeatedly breaking your teeth, fillings and crowns
- Your dentist notices a pattern of wear on your teeth which verifies that you grind your teeth
Teeth grinding is a very dangerous and destructive habit. Grinding causes your teeth to wear out at a much faster pace than what is normal. This leads to more and more dental problems as you get older. Talk to your dentist to determine if you grind your teeth. They will help you decide if you're a candidate for wearing a night guard and which type of night guard is best for your needs.
A MUST FOR HEAVY TEETH GRINDERS
Benefits of wearing a custom night guard
There are two basic types of night guards, which are:
- Over-the-counter night guards: These include night guards that you can buy from your local drug store or online. You fit these night guards to your own teeth by simply following instructions.
- Custom night guards: Custom night guards are made by your dentist using impressions or scans of your teeth. Naturally, custom night guards are more comfortable to wear and they are also calibrated to your bite.
Mild teeth grinders typically do just fine using a generic over-the-counter night guard. On the other hard, heavy teeth grinders should always wear a custom night guard. There are plenty of benefits to wearing a custom night guard, for instance:
- Custom night guards are a much better fit and thus easier to wear (which is a big deal since you have to wear them 6 to 8 hours every day!)
- Custom night guards are more effective at protecting your teeth
- They last much longer than over-the-counter variants
Custom night guards always come with the support and guidance of your local dentist. They make sure that your night guard is a precise fit to your teeth. Plus, your dentist will calibrate your bite to ensure that your bite forces are equally spread. This ensures that your night guard provides the best protection for your teeth and TMJ joints.
MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE THAN FIXING BROKEN TEETH
How much do custom night guards typically cost?
Obviously, custom night guards cost more than over-the-counter variants. There is quite a bit of labor that goes into making a custom night guard. Your dentist needs to take an impression or scan and send it to their lab. The lab technician needs to design a night guard and make sure it fits precisely to your teeth model. Then, your dentist needs to seat the night guard, adjust it and calibrate your bite. They must pay close attention to your bite, missing teeth, jaw movement, etc. Obviously, you get a much better product at the end but custom night guards do cost significantly more.
Despite its high cost, purchasing a custom night guard is a worthwhile investment for those of you who need one. A single broken tooth can set you back thousands-of-dollars. Wearing your custom night guard can prevent this from happening. Just be sure to wear your custom night guard every night. Keep it in a safe place away from pets and children so you don't lose it.
BUY ONLINE, PICKUP AT YOUR LOCAL DENTIST
Purchase a custom night guard on your dentist's Even28 Online Store
We have good news for those of you looking to purchase a custom night guard: You can now purchase your custom night guard directly online on your dentist's Even28 Online Store. Simply go to your dentist's online store, see if they're offering a custom night guard for sale and purchase yours from their store. The price of your night guard is listed right on their online store, so you know the exact cost before you buy. Here are some of the benefits of buying a custom night guard from your dentist's Even28 Online Store:
- Save time: Buy your custom night guard directly online from your dentist. Search for a dentist you like or buy it from your existing dentist's Even28 Online Store. Then, whenever you're ready, call them to schedule your appointment and get started.
- Save money: The price for each item is right there on your dentist's Even28 Online Store. Never overpay for your custom night guard again, or for any other custom dental accessory for that matter.
- Don't compromise and get the best: Sure, you can buy a cheap night guard online, but you won't get the same results. Our custom night guards are of the highest quality and they are only available through your local dentists.
- Support from your local dentist: Whenever you buy something from your dentist on their Even28 Online Store, you get full support from a trusted, local dentist. This includes all fittings, adjustments and calibration of your night guard at no extra cost to you.
Ready to purchase your custom night guard directly from your dentist on their Even28 Online Store? Here are the steps involved in purchasing an item on Even28 Online Stores:
STEP 1 - PURCHASE YOUR CUSTOM NIGHT GUARD ONLINE
Find a dentist who is offering custom night guards online and purchase one from them. When you make a purchase from your dentist on their Even28 Online Store, your dentist gets paid directly. There are no outrageous commissions and you are supporting your local dentists by purchasing direct from them.
STEP 2 - SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
When you're ready, call or email your dentist to schedule your appointment. You can visit your dentist's Even28 Profile and book your appointment right there. Be sure to let the staff know that you've purchased a custom night guard online on your first visit. This way, they know exactly why you are there so that they can better serve you.
STEP 3 - GET YOUR CUSTOM NIGHT GUARD
During your appointment, your dentists will take scans or impressions of your teeth. They will send these to the lab and our lab will fabricate a high-quality custom night guard for you. You're now ready to go and pick up your custom night guard from your dentist.
STEP 4 - FOLLOWUPS AS NEEDED
We always recommend that you schedule at least one followup appointment to check the fit of your custom night guard. Your followup appointments are all included with your purchase price.
Purchase your custom night guard from your dentist on their Even28 Online Store. Start wearing your custom night guard and protect your teeth, fillings, crowns and TMJ joints from the harmful effects of teeth grinding. Use our Dentist Search Engine to find a dentist near you and purchase your custom night guard from their Even28 Online Store: